After arriving at our office, preferably ten minutes prior to your appointment, you will be greeted by our friendly front desk. They will get you oriented and help you complete any necessary paperwork. Please try to complete your paperwork ahead of time, this will help you get the full amount of time with the doctor and it really helps out the other patients by keeping us on time. Also, please be prepared to pay any copay required by your insurance company.
What information should I bring?
• Your completed paperwork.
• Driver’s license or other form of photo identification.
• Health Insurance: Bring your current health insurance card. Please verify your insurance benefits before you come in. There are so many changes in healthcare that it is important that you understand your coverage benefits and limitation. In addition, if your health plan requires a referral or prescripton, we must have a copy in our office at the time of your visit, otherwise you will be asked to pay for your visit. If for some reason your referral does not arrive, you are free to re-schedule your appointment with 24 hours notice.
If you have not seen another provider to open your claim: Please be prepared to fill out a claim form when you arrive at our office, and we will open your claim for you.
If you have already opened your claim: Bring your claim number, the name of your claim adjustor, name of L&I insurance company to bill, referral from your attending doctor. Please also bring your health insurance card in case there are issues with your claim.
• Motor Vehicle Accident:
• Bring all relevant information with you regarding the accident including:
• Name of your insurance company & claim number
• Date of injury
• Name and phone number of your claim adjustor
• The address to submit bills to
• Name of the other driver involved
• Name of the other drivers insurance company and claim number
• Name, phone number and address of your attorney (if applicable)
• Massage: Bring in your prescription/referral, or have it faxed in ahead of time, along with completed paperwork and your insurance information. If you are paying out of pocket, payment is expected at the time of service.
What should I wear?
Dress comfortably, loose fitting clothing is perfect.
How long will the appointment take?
Plan to spend about one hour for the first appointment, though the specific length varies with each patient. Please arrive 10-15 minutes before your appointment time, this allows us time to process your paperwork. Follow-up appointments are shorter, usually 10-20 minutes.
If for some reason you can not make your scheduled appointment time or will be delayed please call our office as soon as possible. We appreciate at least 24 hours notice to cancel or change chiropractic appointments.
Massage visits require a “prescription” for care, listing the areas to be treated and the duration and time. Even though your insurance company may tell you that you can “self-refer” or that “no referral is needed” a prescription is still required for care in the State of Washington, unless you are not billing any type of insurance company.
What does the examination involve?
After you are brought back from the waiting room by our front desk staff, your doctor will arrive and take a detailed history. This entails getting information about the problem you are experiencing as well as other health history information.
The examination will consist of physical tests which include range of motion, posture, orthopedic testing and movement testing. The doctor will use this information to come up with a specific diagnosis and treatment plan. This is also the time to ask any questions you may have.
The doctor may or may not refer you for x-rays, depending on the exam. We do not take the x-rays here, but refer to radiology clinics within blocks of our office, or back to your primary care doctor. If you have already had an x-ray/MRI, please bring them in with the report for our review.
After the thorough examination, you and the doctor can decide if chiropractic treatment is the right choice of care for you. The doctor will also explain what results to expect under care.
Please be sure to bring your insurance card and some form of photo ID with you to your first visit. Please verify your insurance benefits before you come in, please call the number on your insurance card to receive more information directly from your insurance company. It is the patients responsibility to know their insurance benefits and limitations. Payment is expected at the time of service. Your copay is due at time of service, and if you have not met your deductible, payment is required at the time of your visit (of the allowed amount).
We are contracted with many insurance companies:
Blue Cross Blue Shield,
Labor and Industries,
Premera Blue Cross
United Health Care.
If your insurance is not listed here, please call your insurance provider to see if the chiropractor or massage therapist is a preferred provider or contracted provider. As a courtesy we verify each patients chiropractic and massage benefits but it is not a guarantee accuracy, payment or coverage.